The Arc is for you:
"People First" language is important to people with developmental disabilities -- and to all of us.
Be Part of Our Community
News & Videos
- The Arc San Francisco Announces 2015 WorkLife Award Winners, PR Web, 04/23/2015
- Workers with Developmental Disabilities Find Jobs through The Arc, San Francisco Chronicle, 03/06/2014
- PG&E Interns from The Arc Benefit PG&E in Many Ways, PG&E Currents, 12/09/2013
- SFO Launches Disability Awareness Training, SFO Airport News, 12/03/2013
- The Arc San Francisco: Homes Hold Hope for Disabled, San Francisco Examiner, 06/17/2013
- The Arc San Francisco Pilots New Health Study, San Francisco Chronicle, 03/28/2013
- Special Love Overcomes Challenges, San Francisco Chronicle, 02/14/2013
- The Arc San Francisco a Key Pilot Site for New CDC Health Project, Media Release, 09/27/2012
- Deloitte Celebrates Awardee Hanscom for Championing The Arc, Media Release, 08/06/2012
- The Arc Brings Disability Issues to the White House, Media Release, 02/14/2012
- Arc Angel Breakfast & 60th Anniversary Celebration a Success, Media Release, 10/26/2011
- Would Disabled Receive Better Care in Prison?, SF Chronicle/SF Gate, 04/12/2011
- Agency Reaches Out to LGBTs with Disabilities, Bay Area Reporter, 05/06/2010
- California Report Health Dialogs: 1) Care & Developmental Disabilities 2) The Arc’s “We Gotta Dance”, KQED, 04/22/2010
- Cindy Lam’s “Ransom Note” Art, SF Chronicle/SF Gate, 02/14/2010
- Noah and Kim On The Couch, SF Chronicle/SF Gate, 05/10/2009
- Turning Point Winter/Spring 2015 (PDF)
- Turning Point with Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF)
- Turning Point Fall 2013 with FY 12-13 Annual Report (PDF)
- Turning Point Summer 2012 with FY10-11 Annual Report (PDF)
- Turning Point Winter 2011 with FY09-10 Annual Report (PDF)
- Turning Point News Winter 2010 with 2009 Annual Report (PDF)
Monthly Parent Newsletters
- Parents in Partnership, March 2011, “Healthy Habits” (PDF)
- Parents in Partnership, February 2011, “Friendship” (PDF)
- Parents in Partnership, January 2011, “Having Goals” (PDF)
- Parents in Partnership, December 2010 “Circle of Support” (PDF)
- Can Disability Help Your Bottom Line? (Huffington Post) (URL), 04/01/2015
- Celebrating World Down Syndrome Day (Al-Jazeera+ America) (URL), 03/20/2015
- Turning Point Newsletter Winter/Spring 2015 (PDF), 03/10/2015
- WorkLife Awards 2015 Register Here (URL), 02/24/2015
- Annual Letter from CEO, The Arc San Francisco (PDF), 02/05/2015
- The Arc Builds Bridge for Adults in Need (SF Examiner) (URL), 01/13/2015
- Support Quality Client Services: Donate Today! (URL), 12/01/2014
- CEO Report: State of The Arc San Francisco (PDF), 02/07/2014
- Artists from The Arc at Cafe Press-SHOP NOW! (URL), 03/07/2013
- “Special Love Overcomes Challenges,” SF Chronicle (URL), 02/27/2013
- Workers from The Arc Learn at PG&E (URL), 06/11/2012
- The Arc Autism Workshop (PDF), 03/15/2012
- WATCH NEW VIDEO “We Can Do It!” (URL), 10/24/2011
News from The Arc
- Tech & Workers with Disabilities (SF Chronicle/SF Gate) (URL), 03/11/2014
- PG&E Interns from The Arc Benefit PG&E in Many Ways, PG&E Currents (URL), 12/09/2013
- SFO Launches Disability Awareness Training (URL), 12/09/2013
- WATCH NEW VIDEO “Dare To Dream” (URL), 10/10/2013
- SF Agency to Pilot CDC Study (URL), 05/31/2013
- Project SEARCH a Win-Win for PG&E, Interns and The Arc (PDF), 04/06/2012
- March: Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month Things You Can Do! (PDF), 03/15/2012
- Turning Point, Summer 2011 (PDF), 08/09/2011
- FINDS Report, June 2011 “Still in the Shadows With Their Future Uncertain” (PDF), 06/14/2011
- 2011 Employer Survey (URL), 06/02/2011
- Friends of The Arc May-June 2011 (PDF), 05/27/2011
- Parents in Partnership, May 2011, “Quality of Life” (PDF), 04/28/2011
- Friends of The Arc April 2011 (PDF), 04/12/2011
- Parents in Partnership, April 2011, “Respect” (PDF), 04/04/2011
- Friends of The Arc, January & February 2011 (PDF), 02/02/2011
- NISH Academy “Quality Work Environment” Seminar (PDF), 10/22/2010
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (PDF), 09/30/2010
- The Arc US Disability Policy Seminar: FY2011 Budget (PDF), 04/27/2010
- “Art of Different Shapes Show” Photos (PDF), 04/01/2010
- Arc Advocates Fired Up on Day of Action, March 4, 2010 (PDF), 03/09/2010
- Partners in Action, 06/26/2012
- “My Hardest Workers”—Interview at The Sequoias, 06/17/2010
- Jeff Robertson has a Cause for Giving, 02/02/2010
- On Top of Affordable Housing: John Stewart, 12/02/2009
- A Profile in Health Care Reform, 07/28/2009
KGO Radio Spotlight The Arc San Francisco (00:03:58)
KGO Radio: Host Maureen Langan of “Hangin’ with Langan” spotlights The Arc San Francisco and March, Developmental Disability Awareness Month.
The Future’s So Bright (10:56)
This warm, short film follows Terrell, Jackson and Maggie as they move through daily life using their wits, charm and considerable skills to succeed at work and life, changing perceptions of what people with disabilities can do in the process. (Click Here)
Dare to Dream (12:07)
Dare to Dream highlights clients of The Arc at work, enjoying The Arc’s “Friends Like Me” Recreation Program and daring to dream about a future with new possibilities.
I’m Ready!” (00:02:00)
A look at salesforce.com’s success with employees hired from The Arc San Francisco.
“I’m Ready!” (00:09:15)
Watch this compelling mini-doc highlighting clients of The Arc San Francisco who are empowered to turn disabilities into abilities.
We Can Do It! 2.10 (00:02:10)
We Can Do It! is a profile of Marie, an employee at salesforce.com, who demonstrates the real value of having employees with developmental disabilities in the workforce.
We Can Do It (00:10:38)
Clients share their struggles and achievements as they work toward independence in the community.
Road Trip to the Awards (00:01:19)
Arc clients make the trip to receive Focus Film Festival’s Spirit of the Festival Award for their documentary “Independence.”
WorkLife Awards 2009 (00:08:19)
A celebration of the work and life achievements of our clients and the outstanding businesses who employ them.
“Don’t Dis-COUNT Us” Self-Advocacy Conference, 9/09 (02:22)
Clients make the most of San Francisco’s 13th annual self-advocacy conference. (Click here.)
Wanted: A Life of My Own, 9/09 (00:09:39)
This video highlights the struggles on the road to independence by people with Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities. Shot by client-filmmakers from The Arc of San Francisco.
Ordinary to Extraordinary Fashion Show, The Arc’s ArtReach Studios, 4/09 (2:12)
Green fashions hit the runway at ArtReach. (Click here.)
Independence, by Clients of The Arc of San Francisco, 4/08 (12:15)
Documentary by clients explores being independent through interviews and commentary. (Click here.)
SF Giants and Clients of The Arc PSA, 3/08 (0:43)
Hiring talented clients of The Arc is a win-win for the San Francisco Giants and your business, too. (Click here.)
All Things Connect, 9/08 (4:03)
Evolve, 9/06 (9:31)
100 Jobs in 100 Days PSA, 6/05 (0:42)
Our Mission, 2/04 (0:45)
The Power Of Can, 9/03 (9:18)
Disability Issues at the White House (00:4:11)
President Obama tells members of The Arc “I’ve got your back” in a special White House briefing with CEO Dr. Glenn Motola and others meeting on disability issues at the White House.
“More Jobs” says The Arc (Bay Sundays CBS 5) (00:05:44)
The Arc San Francisco’s Alan Fox, COO, and Ellen Hanscom, chair of our Business Advisory Council, talk about employment and people with disabilities on CBS 5’s Bay Sunday.
Megan Ups her Game
Here’s Megan improving her computer skills as a volunteer at the Arthritis Foundation. WATCH VIDEO
Briana’s Story: 2010 Arc Angel Breakfast (00:03:52)
Briana and her instructor Pam tell Briana’s story about growing up with developmental disabilities and how her life has changed since joining The Arc. This video debuted at the 2010 Arc Angel Breakfast.
Maria Shriver and Best Buddies Honor Carmelite and SF Mayor (00:01:45)
Check out Carmelite Buenaventura on the podium with First Lady Maria Shriver at the Best Buddies Reception.
Tony’s Hookups Slammin’ Jammin’ Party (00:02:47)
Members of Tony’s Hookups hang out and have some karaoke-bingo-dance-party fun.
Having Fun! (00:03:44)
Client-created short on the importance of making your own fun.
Emergency Response Client Video (00:07:28)
What to Do, Where to Go
Band practice is interrupted by an earthquake! Follow the group as they make their escape to safety in this client-created docu-drama that shows us how to respond.
Don’t Dis-COUNT Us Out! (00:01:23)
Clients made the most of San Francisco’s 13th Annual Self-Advocacy Conference, a full day of workshops and breakout sessions, plus a little r&r and entertainment. See if you recognize anyone you know in these clips!
Clinton’s Literary Class Graduation 6/2009 (00:01:23)
Clinton Rutland and other clients from The Arc celebrate graduation from Literacy Class with their tutors and friends from Episcopal Community Services.