The Arc is for you:
Louie brings his canine cheer to clients of The Arc with help from his guardian Mike Cutchin.
Now you can pay your parking tickets through community service at The Arc.
Visit San Francisco’s Project 20 Program to learn more.
Volunteers at The Arc San Francisco bring our mission to life everyday! Whether you are looking for a place to share your artistic skills each week or a wonderful location for team-building through a done-in-a-day group project, The Arc has something for you. Volunteer by yourself, with a friend, or as a group; we welcome your fresh ideas and diverse talents.
The following volunteer opportunities are available at The Arc.
Weekday Individual Volunteer Opportunities
- Fitness classes including walking groups, yoga and dance
- Arts programs in our open studios, art classes, art shows, music classes and performing arts
- Wellness and nutrition classes including healthy habits, cooking and nutrition classes
- Senior services including reading groups, seated exercise classes and arts and crafts
- Healthy Relationships classes included men’s and women’s groups, and how to stand up to cliques and bullies
- Recreational groups including game and movie nights, monthly dances and occasional weekend outings
Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Organize a great day of giving back and team building at The Arc. We welcome groups range in size from 5-60 people. Projects include, gardening, painting, cleaning and supporting large scale client projects. (For consistent group volunteering opportunities please see PULSE)
Healthcare, Dental, Beauty and Education:
- We are always looking for professionals to donate their time and talents to The Arc. Areas where we need support from volunteer professionals include healthcare classes and screenings by healthcare professionals and students, dental hygiene support from dental professionals and students, haircuts and makeup tutorials by beauty professionals and education support from special education professionals.
Other Unique Skills, Knowledge and Talents:
- Other unique skills which have been requested by our clients and staff are yoga classes, massage therapy, jewelry making, life skills, gardening, technology classes and energy efficiency apartment living. We are constantly growing our education and outreach program and encourage professionals and talented volunteers to contact our volunteer office if they would like to lend their expertise to our programs.
PULSE of the Arc
- PULSE is our young professional’s volunteer group for individual and group volunteer opportunities. PULSE organizes fundraising events like happy-hours, art shows and bowling nights, plus quarterly client outings. Please see our PULSE page for further details.
Business Advisory Council
- The Business Advisory Council is a networking organization that creates employment opportunities for clients of The Arc San Francisco. The group meets monthly with The Arc employment specialists and individual client prospects seeking to enter the workforce, offering guidance and job leads for possible placements. Please see our BAC page for more details.